Friday, June 28, 2013

I'm a model, if you know what I mean

June 6th is Memorial Day here, when schools are cancelled. Some lucky bastards people also got Friday off and had a nice 4 day weekend. I was not one of those. Still, having a mid-week day off was a great way to relax and get things done. Of course, my extreme procrastination prevents me from getting things done, but it was relaxing nonetheless.

Some friends and I went to Suseong Lake, a man-made body of water in a pretty nice area of town. Although there were many people there enjoying the day, it was still very peaceful. We brought some snacks and settled down for a make-shift picnic to catch up. After about an hour of chit-chatting, we were approached by 2 Korean men with nice looking cameras. I had seen them walking around the lake, taking photos, and slowly working their way in our direction. They asked if they could take our picture.

To which we responded by looking at each other nervously, but ended up saying "Uh... sure?"

So we grouped together and smiled for a photo. And another. And another. Then a few more from the second guy. Then one of our group got out her camera and asked them to get one for us (smart thinking!). We were so busy with taking photos that I didn't see the crowd starting to gather. Next thing I know, there are 3 or 4 more photographers (men and women) snapping away at us sitting there.

At one point, Imani said something along the lines of "I'm pretty sure this is the kinda thing my dad warned me about." Of course we all laughed nervously, but were definitely thinking the same thing. It was hard to say no when we were already posed together, and more importantly, everyone was so friendly.

Never have I felt so uncomfortable, awkward, and yet somehow obliged to them for taking our pictures. I said thank you when they left! Such a weird feeling!

When the crowd left us alone, we settled on the consensus that they were a photography group, taking pictures at the lake, and just couldn't miss the shot of a gaggle of waygooks in the wild.

So yeah. Who knows where those pictures will really end up. Keep a lookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment